- Web Architecture is really different from desktop architectures. For one thing, it is all about picking which "framework" to use. In the desktop world we had a lot of fun creating our own, on the web, you've gotta use an existing framework. Expect to spend a lot of time grokking these architectures and getting up to speed.
- Java is only one small part of your toolkit (unless you use Google Toolkit, which I'm contemplating).
- Next you need to understand which of these different systems knows what when. Context is everything. You might have thought your JSP knew about an object, but it doesn't, ditto for Java.
- Iterations are typically shorter than for desktop
- And remember to test in multiple browsers...
Next up, ... useful links for a bunch of technologies.